Tokens

 My spouse and I live with roommates. It’s been great, because we get along well, and it’s like having your own support system that you live with. We like to drive to church together, but as we are all young adults getting there on time can be what I like to refer to as “a struggle bus.” Our struggle bus was having a hard time yesterday morning, and we made it to church halfway through the sacrament while the bread was being passed. As the prayer on the water was being said, I resigned myself to not getting the sacrament this week, because we hadn’t gotten the bread yet. Then, I deacon came over, holding a tray with both bread and water. In that moment I felt seen. I felt like God saw my efforts and accepted them, even as they weren’t perfect. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empathy

Look at the Dashboard

A Personal Witness of Christ