Love Letter

 My lovely spouse seems to believe that I can do anything. They’re constantly pushing me to believe in myself more and take more risks, particularly in my career. I just started a new job two months ago, and my boss just got promoted, so her position is open. My lovely spouse spent the last two weeks convincing me to apply for the position, even though I’m 100% not the most qualified person for the position. Well, they succeeded, and I have an interview today. So, even though I probably won’t get the position, gaining the confidence to apply for jobs that I’m not qualified for is going to help me so much for my future career. So, I guess this is a love letter to my spouse for the way they believe in me and don’t let me settle for less than what they know I can accomplish. They gently encourage me to be better, do better, and stretch myself in ways I’m scared to. I feel safe with them, but they’re never going to let me get comfortable and complacent. And that keeps me free and joyful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empathy

Look at the Dashboard

A Personal Witness of Christ